Life can be very serious at times and we forget that it’s the simple things that can make us smile, like today for instance its Wiggle your Toes Day! So, there’s no time like now to look after our feet.
We would all love to be able to stick our toes in a pool right now or wiggle our toes in the sand on a beach but this isn’t possible for many of us at the moment so let’s talk about other ways to enjoy the day and start pampering those toes and feet!
Get a Pedicure
If you tend to focus on your hands more today is a day to shift that pampering to your feet. Why not book yourself a pedicure or try a bit of DIY beauty at home with this fabulous routine in the comfort of your own bathroom.
- Soak your feet in a foot spa or in a bowl of lovely warm water.
- Use some Epsom Salts if you have blisters or any swelling.
- Use a Foot Scrub
- Dry with a soft towel and then slather on a specialised foot cream like Tropic Repairing Foot Remedy Balm
- Then put your feet up and relax for 30 mins
You could even try making your very own foot balm using the lovely lemon and lavender essential oils.
2 tbsp of Beeswax
1 tbsp of Caster Oil
1 tbsp of Hemp Oil
2 tbsp of Sunflower Oil
2 drops of Myrrh Essential Oil
2 drops of Lavender Oil
2 drops of Lemon Oil
Place the beeswax and vegetable oils in a bowl over heat using the bain-marie method until melted. Add the essential oils and mix well. Pour into a sterilized jar and leave to set. Store up to 3 months. It’s as simple as that!
Take a walk on the grass
If you have a garden or a nearby park why not kick off your shoes and socks and emerge your feet on the grass, you will be surprised what the benefits are!
- Improves your eyesight
- Reduces Stress & Anxiety
- Reduces Allergies
- Strengthens your bones & muscles
- Relieves Insomnia
- Keeps your heart healthy
- Makes you feel closer to nature
- Keeps you energetic
Get a New pair of Shoes
Ladies what a good excuse to treat your feet to a nice pair of new shoes! Why not get them measured correctly and invest in a good quality pair of shoes that give you the support you need.
Get some Reflexology
But if all of the above feels like too much work why not book a reflexology appointment with myself. Not only will you get that foot massage you deserve but you will receive the wonderful health benefits that reflexology has to offer you.
- Reflexology helps alleviate stress & tension
- Improves circulation throughout the body
- Aids in the removal of toxins
- Encourages the immune system to work to its optimum level
- Increases energy levels
- Helps promote sleep
- Increases the energy flow through the body
But whatever you choose to do today enjoy Wiggling those toes!